Useful Links

Citizens Advice

The Citizens Advice Bureau are available on a Tuesday at the The Old Town Hall between 10.00am and 1.00pm.
No appointment is necessary.

They provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.

You can visit their website for more information:

Chesneys Centre

Chesney’s provides adult education courses. You may be entitled to either a FREE course or support with your fees and other costs. You can just pop into the centre and have a coffee or call them on 01977 723484 (option 1)

Member of Parliament

Jon Trickett is the Member of Parliament for the Hemsworth Constituency and he can be contacted as follows:
Phone: 01977 722290
Address: Room G12, Moorthorpe Railway Station, Barnsley Road, South Kirkby, WF9 3AT

Mr Trickett’s office operates an open-door policy, where any constituent can go and talk to a member of staff.

Wakefield Metropolitan District Council

Please click on the link below to show you a list of telephone numbers for Wakefield Council.

A-Z of Key Telephone Numbers

Alternatively, you can visit their website at

Wakefield District Housing

Are you a WDH tenant who wants to pay your rent or report a repair? You can do this online with WDH. Click on the link below to take you to their website.