The Featherstone Town Council awards grants to voluntary organisations and community groups, which in the opinion of the Council is in the interests of the Town Council’s area and/or its inhabitants and will benefit them in a manner commensurate with the expenditure.
All applications will be considered on their individual merits. The final decision on assessment of applications and the level of any award offered lies with Featherstone Town Council.
You can apply if you fit the following criteria
- You are a not for profit group operating for the benefit of the community in the Town Council’s area.
- You have a constitution or set of rules.
- You have a Bank / Building Society Account with at least two signatories.
What the Town Council will not fund
- Activities that are part of statutory obligations.
- Loan repayments.
- Retrospective applications where the activity or project has already been carried out.
- Religious or political activities unless unrestricted community benefit can be demonstrated.
- Applications for the benefit of an individual.
- Any group that has received a grant from the Town Council within the current financial year.
- Any group whose aims the Town Council considers to be working within a business or profit making remit.
Amount of Grant
- Applications for up to £500 will be considered.
- Applicants will be required to meet a significant proportion of the estimated cost of the project.
- If the grant is put to purposes other than those for which it was awarded without the prior approval of the Council, the recipient organisation shall be required to repay the grant.
- The organisation should supply such information as the Council may request regarding the impact of the project on Featherstone or its inhabitants.
- Recognition of the grant from Featherstone Town Council must be made in any publicity.
- Within three months of the grant being awarded the group is required to submit a feedback form detailing how the grant was used and a copy of the receipt in respect of expenditure incurred.
When to apply
- Completed applications should be forwarded to the Town Clerk.
- You are expected to provide any additional supporting information and answer any questions the Sub- Committee might have.
- Applicants will be notified as soon as possible after the Grant’s Sub-Committee meeting.
How an application is considered
The Grant’s Sub-Committee consider applications on the following basis:
- How well the grant will meet the needs of the community.
- How effectively your group will use the grant.
- Whether the costs are appropriate and realistic.
- Level of contributions raised locally.
- How the group is managed.
- How the grant positively benefits residents residing within the Town Council’s area.
- Whether funding has already been applied for or obtained from another source.
If you match the above criteria and would like to apply for a grant, please download the grant application form.